In the digital world, we found that the appearance of technology is changing day by day, computers and mobile devices have been a part of our daily life. Banking activities, social networking activities all are connected with the internet through the system those which are used by us. So we need a strong antivirus with parental control on our system to escape from the cyber-crime. McAfee is a strong antivirus which includes the McAfee parental control for the better protection of your system and family.
McAfee Parental Control is a software program which offers reliable protection for the children while they are browsing to a website and ensures to use the safety popular search engines for the children.
McAfee Parental Control for mobile:
Now the use of smart-phone is common in the digital world. Mostly the teenagers and children are using the smart-phone widely. So McAfee Parental Control is broadly needed in the smart-phone device by which you can stay with a peace of mind that your children are safe. Install the McAfee family Protection for your children those who are using smart-phones. It automatically blocks the age-inappropriate sites while the child users browsing the web. If you are much conscious for your children then you can check the statistics and track your child location with the GPS feature of McAfee family parental control.
Key features of Parental Control in McAfee:
Can control to access the time limit:
If you think that your child is spending much more time in a particular site which is harmful to your child then you can set the day and time limit for the website to access. Your child can access the site according to the setup day, date, and time. In this way can stop anyone to spend much more time on a particular site.
Can allow a blocking website:
In the case, if you thought that a specific blocked website is beneficial, safe for your child and your child able to access the blocked site then you can allow the blocked site in your web. Add the blocked website in the web address and put it in the filter list, after that set the permission level to allow the sit in your web.
Can search any site in any search engine:
Some of the search engines are unsafe for a specific site on the web which may be effective for site visitors. Use safe search engines for the searching of site. Google, Bing, Yahoo, are some example of popular safe search engine. You can turn on the safe searching through the help of ‘McAfee Parental Control’ by the default users.
Block the site for the age restriction:
If some blocked websites are in the allow option but not safe for the children then you can set the age limit for the website through parental control. After setting the age limit the site will automatically block when the child user will open the site.
Setting up Parental Control:
Create an administrator before facing the above problems. If the administrator is unable to set the McAfee parental control for all the member or make any mistake in creating a password in the parental control then he/ she will be responsible for all the problems. Log in to the Window through the limited use account, create a password and remember it forever. Then set up all the privacy according to your child. Remember that you can only change the setting as an administrator. The password is more important for the setting up parental control.
However, if you want to get the appropriate result of these key features in your web then activate the McAfee through the mcafee.com/activate with the McAfee activate subscription. Once you set the parental control you can then proceed to add the filter.
Pros and Cons of McAfee Parental Control:
Pros: Preserve the system from Malware, threats, and blocks the phishing attempts and works with a very simply override function.
Cons: Require instant multiple overrides on one site. Relatively charging on system resources.
Steps to reset the password of McAfee Parental Control:
- Go to your McAfee account and log in to your McAfee Account through the administrative password.
- Go to the homepage and select the ‘Parental Control’ tab to open it.
- Select an unique administrative password.
- A new page will pop-out over the homepage of ‘Parental Control’.
- Type your new password and retype it again for the confirmation.
- After that, it will ask for a hint and enter a hit on it.
- Click on the ‘Save’ option and then click ‘Ok’.
Set up the protection for child users:
- Launch the Mcafee Activate Subscription on the screen.
- Click the ‘Protect’ button.
- Then select an age limit that which you want to set up for the age.
- Then click on the ‘Optional Setting’.
Steps to remove McAfee Parental Control:
- Open your system and go to the ‘Start’ menu option.
- And navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Go to the ‘Program’ option.
- And select to the ‘Uninstall a program’. (Windows Vista)
- Click on the ‘ Add or Remove Programs’. (Windows XP)
- Search and click the ‘McAfee Parental Controls’ from the list.
- Then click ‘Uninstall’ for Vista Window and ‘Change/Remove’ for XP Window.
In another way install the McAfee Removal Tool in your system and remove the McAfee Parental Control.
Setup the outside allowed time through Parental Control:
- At first, verify that the time is in the AM/PM and confirm that the Time zone is properly set.
- Go to the SHI home screen and click on the ‘Menu’ tab or the icon or you can swipe the bar to the left to access the ‘Menu’ icon.
- Then click on the ‘Setting’ option, a setting window will open on the SHI window page.
- In the setting screen, you can see your current time zone.
- If the current time zone is not ok then click on the edit option (pencil icon) and change into your current time zone by sliding the menu up and down.
Jack Smith is a technology expert who loves to write blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He has been especially writing about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate with an intention to develop the work experience of users across the globe. The blogs and articles he has written have been published in various popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.